Captain Carter B. Conlin USN (Ret.)
May 11, 1924 – Aug 19, 2018
Naval Order of the United States Companions and Friends,
I am very sorry to notify you that CAPT Carter B. Conlin, USN ‘Crossed the Bar’ 19 August 2018. Carter served as the Commander General from 2005-2007 and was extremely dedicated to our entire organization but most notably, the Texas Commandery. Carter was a key figure in establishing and administering the Nimitz Leadership Award and innumerable other initiatives in Texas. I know that I will miss his sage advice and wise counsel; he was a true gentleman of the finest order.
Please keep Carter and Nancy in your thoughts and prayers.
CAPT Paul Crissy, USCG (Ret)
Naval Order of the United States
The obituary for CAPT Carter Conlin may be found at the following link:
1. Burial Service for CAPTAIN CARTER CONLIN, USN (Ret) will be at 1000 hours on FRIDAY, 14 SEPTEMBER at Houston National Cemetery, 10410 Veteran's Memorial Highway, Houston. All Naval Order Companions who can make this service are requested to meet at the front office of the Cemetery, and we will go in procession to the Pavilion for the service. Uniform is Service Dress Blue, or appropriate civilian attire. Military Honors will be rendered.
2. If you could help us by serving as a PALL BEARER, please contact Jim Sterling, 936-336-3716 or email@example.com.
3. After the burial service, we will proceed in procession to SECOND BAPTIST CHURCH, 6400 Woodway, Houston, for a MEMORIAL SERVICE, to begin at 1200 noon. If you cannot go to the cemetery, please meet us at the Church. All Naval Order Companions will sit together.
4. Arrangements are by George H. Lewis Funeral Home, 1010 Bering Drive.
5. Please keep Nancy, and family, in your prayers. Fair Winds, Following Seas, beloved Shipmate...... God Bless...
CDR Jim Sterling
CDR Bryan Lethcoe, USN (ret.)
Photos courtesy of LT Barry Barlow, NSCC