To preserve, promote, celebrate and enjoy our Nation’s Sea Service history and heritage. To accomplish this we will:
- Commemorate American Sea Service Heroes and important historical events,
- Support the study of Naval History through writing, speaking and educational events,
- Preserve Sea Service historical artifacts, documents and monuments, and
- Promote Camaraderie among our Companions and members of similar organizations
First Coast contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org ; Like us on Twitter @nousfc
- Commander: CAPT Robert N. Whitkop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Programs: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Membership: CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Enlisted Affairs: ETCM (SW) John R. Craft, USN (Ret)
- USS Stark Memorial: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret) / CDR J. Michael McGrath, USN (Ret)
- Treasurer: LCDR Frank Fenno, USN (Ret)
- Asst Treasurer: CAPT Bill Wirth, USN (Ret)
- Chaplain: CDR Steven Souder, CHC , USN
- Historian: Dr Alan Bliss, Prof of History (University of North Florida
- Charles F Adams Museum Liaison: CAPT John E. O’Neil, Jr. , USN (Ret) Past First Coast Commander
- Commandery Advisory Council: RADM George Huchting, USN (Ret); CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret) Past Commander General NOUS; CDR J. Michael McGrath, Immediate Past First Coast Commander; MGEN Gerry Maloney, USAF (Ret)
- Commandery Companions: CAPT Ed Frohlich, USN (Ret); LCDR Mike Manko, USN (Ret); BMC (DV) Bill McLoughlin, USN (Ret); CAPT Jim Morgan, USN (Ret); HMC Tony Ross, USN (Ret); CAPT Chuck Walker, USN (Ret), et al
17 Jaguars vs Tampa Bay Pre-season Tailgate; WJCT Lot Space 62 1700-Post game.....Bring a Chair, beverages and Attitude!!! Park in the back lot of the station (@$20) and walk up join us......
20 End of Summer Social Join-up , Cypress Village 1600-1900, $5/pp; We bring the dogs, burgers and condiments along with the beer, sodas and ice....you bring a dish to share and any unique brews. The Commandery 'Locker' will be available with mixers as well as a Frozen Concoction maker and blender. Come ready to Paaaateeee!!!! RSVP to email@example.com or call (904)672-8176
24 1130-1300 Congress Planning Committee Meeting - QHYCC /
1730 Jaguars Pre-season Game (Tailgate at WJCT Ch 7 lot Space 62!)
14 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Queens Harbor Clubhouse, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
22 Social Gathering – VUCB
28 Congress Planning Meeting
5 Congress Planning Committee Meeting
12 Congress Planning Meeting (Final)
14 Navy Birthday Ball (sponsored by NRSE and Navy League) – WGV St Augustine
18-21 2017 Naval Order CONGRESS - Jacksonville Doubletree Hotel, Riverwalk South
18 Alhambra Outing "The Addams Family" ICW Naval Order Congress (Alhambra is donating a part of the gate to the USS ADAMS Museum!)
9 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Officer slate determination and Annual Plan review. Held at Queens Harbor Clubhouse, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
TBD Salvation Army Bell Ringing
Continuing the tradition started by the late VADM Mike Kalares, the Commandery will Ring the Bell for the Salvation Army from 9AM-6 PM at the Publix at Hodges and Atlantic.
10 19th Pearl Harbor Remembrance Dinner Annual Formal Dinner Cypress Village. Attire is Formal (Uniform, Tux, or equivalent).
TBD Jacksonville Symphony and Chorus Holiday Pops at the Time Union Center
Annual concert with festive holiday music. See Companion Mike Manko for details.
26/TBD Electric Boat Parade – Jacksonville Downtown
Jacksonville’s Annual Boat Parade on the Jacksonville waterfront followed by a Fireworks Show. Best viewing from the Landing, or Southbank Riverwalk.
For Info on any events call (904)672-8176 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on our Twitter Page @nousfc
All Companions are invited to attend any and all Commandery events. Any questions email Bob Whitkop or Frank Fenno at email@example.com
JAX Home - First Coast Commandery Calendar