To preserve, promote, celebrate and enjoy our Nation’s Sea Service history and heritage. To accomplish this we will:
- Commemorate American Sea Service Heroes and important historical events,
- Support the study of Naval History through writing, speaking and educational events,
- Preserve Sea Service historical artifacts, documents and monuments, and
- Promote Camaraderie among our Companions and members of similar organizations
First Coast contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org ; Like us on Twitter @nousfc
- Commander: CAPT Robert N. Whitkop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Programs: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Membership: CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Enlisted Affairs: ETCM (SW) John R. Craft, USN (Ret)
- USS Stark Memorial: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret) / CDR J. Michael McGrath, USN (Ret)
- Treasurer: LCDR Frank Fenno, USN (Ret)
- Asst Treasurer: CAPT Bill Wirth, USN (Ret)
- Chaplain: CDR Steven Souder, CHC , USN
- Historian: Dr Alan Bliss, Prof of History (University of North Florida
- Charles F Adams Museum Liaison: CAPT John E. O’Neil, Jr. , USN (Ret) Past First Coast Commander
- Commandery Advisory Council: RADM George Huchting, USN (Ret); CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret) Past Commander General NOUS; CDR J. Michael McGrath, Immediate Past First Coast Commander; MGEN Gerry Maloney, USAF (Ret)
- Commandery Companions: CAPT Ed Frohlich, USN (Ret); LCDR Mike Manko, USN (Ret); BMC (DV) Bill McLoughlin, USN (Ret); CAPT Jim Morgan, USN (Ret); HMC Tony Ross, USN (Ret); CAPT Chuck Walker, USN (Ret), et al
16 Congress Planning Committee Meeting
18-19 Feb Battle of Olustee; Re-enactment of Civil War Battle near Jacksonville
23 NRSE COC
25 Companion meeting / Join-up – 1700-2100 at Veteran's United Craft Brewery
9 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Queens Harbor Clubhouse, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
18 Visit to Fort Clinch (Amelia Is) or Fort Fredericka (Brunswick)
24 Social Gathering – Culhane’s Irish Pub w/ History presentation
6 Congress Planning Committee Meeting
9 Blessing of the Fleet (St Augustine / Jacksonville)
16 Easter Sunday
20(Tent)Spring Social Event Bi-Monthly Companion Join-up – St Augustine Lighthouse w/ Tour
followed by Dinner in St Augustine (Membership Drive Event)
29 Presentation of Navy Officer’s Sword to Top OC at Jacksonville University
11 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Queens Harbor Clubhouse, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
13 NAS Pensacola Air Museum Weekend trip (Indiv travel / block rooms at Navy Lodge / NIS)
16 Reception Hosted by NOUS and other (VFW / Navy League) for USS Stark
17 30th Anniversary of the Stark Missile attack (Wed) NS Mayport
29 Memorial Day Wreath Laying – Veterans’ Memorial Wall Jacksonville
4 (Est) Battle of Midway / D-Day Dinner at QHYCC
8 Congress Planning Committee Meetings at QHYCC
22 Dinner Meeting Join-up: 1700-2100 at Cypress Village. Dr Samantha Cavell, PhD is confirmed as guest speaker and will talk about the history of the Confederate Submarine Hunley.
13 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Queens Harbor Clubhouse, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
27 Congress Planning Committee Meeting - QHYCC
10 Congress Planning Committee Meeting
20 End of Summer Social Join-up (TBD)
24 Congress Planning Committee Meeting - QHYCC
14 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Queens Harbor Clubhouse, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
22 Social Gathering – VUCB
28 Congress Planning Meeting
5 Congress Planning Committee Meeting
12 Congress Planning Meeting (Final)
14 Navy Birthday Ball (sponsored by NRSE and Navy League) – WGV St Augustine
18-21 2017 Naval Order CONGRESS - Jacksonville
9 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Officer slate determination and Annual Plan review. Held at Queens Harbor Clubhouse, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
TBD Salvation Army Bell Ringing
Continuing the tradition started by the late VADM Mike Kalares, the Commandery will Ring the Bell for the Salvation Army from 9AM-6 PM at the Publix at Hodges and Atlantic.
3 or 10 19th Pearl Harbor Remembrance Dinner Annual Formal Dinner to be held TBD. Attire is Formal (Uniform, Tux, or equivalent).
TBD Jacksonville Symphony and Chorus Holiday Pops at the Time Union Center
Annual concert with festive holiday music. See Companion Mike Manko for details.
26/TBD Electric Boat Parade – Jacksonville Downtown
Jacksonville’s Annual Boat Parade on the Jacksonville waterfront followed by a Fireworks Show. Best viewing from the Landing, or Southbank Riverwalk.
For Info on any events call 904-672-8176 or e-mail: email@example.com
More to follow!
Like us on our Twitter Page @nousfc
All Companions are invited to attend any and all Commandery events. Any questions email Frank Fenno at firstname.lastname@example.org