To preserve, promote, celebrate and enjoy our Nation’s Sea Service history and heritage. To accomplish this we will:
- Commemorate American Sea Service Heroes and important historical events,
- Support the study of Naval History through writing, speaking and educational events,
- Preserve Sea Service historical artifacts, documents and monuments, and
- Promote Camaraderie among our Companions and members of similar organizations
First Coast contact email is email@example.com ; Like us on Twitter @nousfc
- Commander: CAPT Robert N. Whitkop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Programs: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Membership: CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Enlisted Affairs: ETCM (SW) John R. Craft, USN (Ret)
- USS Stark Memorial: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret)
- Treasurer: LCDR Frank Fenno, USN (Ret)
- Asst Treasurer: CAPT Bill Wirth, USN (Ret)
- Chaplain: CDR Steven Souder, CHC , USN
- Historian: Dr Alan Bliss, Prof of History (University of North Florida
- Charles F Adams Museum Liaison: CAPT John E. O’Neil, Jr. , USN (Ret) Past First Coast Commander
- Commandery Advisory Council: RADM George Huchting, USN (Ret); CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret) Past Commander General NOUS; MGEN Gerry Maloney, USAF (Ret)
- Commandery Companions: CAPT Ed Frohlich, USN (Ret); LCDR Mike Manko, USN (Ret); BMC (DV) Bill McLoughlin, USN (Ret); CAPT Jim Morgan, USN (Ret); HMC Tony Ross, USN (Ret); CAPT Chuck Walker, USN (Ret), et al
The Florida First Coast Commandery mourns the loss of CDR James Michael McGrath, USN (Ret), Past Commander of the Florida First Coast Commandery who passed away on 24 Jan 2018. Funeral Services for CDR McGrath will be held at St Paul's Catholic Church in Jacksonville Beach on Thursday 1 Feb 2018 at 1100. A reception will follow in the parish Family Life center across the street from the church.
We thank him for his service to his country, the Naval Order, The Navy League, and his family and friends!
NOUS Florida First Coast Commandery Annual OPLAN 2018
1 Easter Sunday
14 POSTPONED - Spring Social Event Bi-Monthly Companion Join-up – St Augustine Lighthouse w/ Tour
followed by Dinner in St Augustine (Membership Drive Event) - Re-sked into July or August
10 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Cypress Village Dining Room, , 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
17 31th Anniversary of the Stark Missile attack (Wed) NS Mayport
1000 Ceremony w/ Presentation of Reagan/Kalares Pic and Cert
Guest Speaker CAPT Paul Chrissy, USCG (Ret), Commanding General, Naval Order of the United States
18 Informal Summer Social – VUCB or Intuition Ale Works and Distillery
28 Memorial Day Wreath Laying – Veterans’ Memorial Wall Jacksonville
10 Battle of Midway / D-Day Dinner at QHYCC (Guest Speaker – CNSF VADM Rich Brown (invited))
22 Endless Summer Kick-off (Intuition or Distillery)
12 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Cypress Village Dining Room, , 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
20 Mid-Summer Join-up (VUCB or Intution/Distillery)
19 End of Summer Social Join-up (Cypress Village Party Deck)
13 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Held at Cypress Village Dining Room, 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
21 Social Gathering – VUCB
5 Remembrance Luncheon -(El Faro Sinking (3 yr Anniversary) / Huguenot’s Massacre at Fort Caroline(1565)/Trafalgar (21st)
13 Navy Birthday Ball (sponsored by NRSE and Navy League) – WGV St Augustine
24-28 2018 Naval Order CONGRESS – San Antonio, TX
8 Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors and interested Companions. Officer slate determination and Annual Plan review. Held at Cypress Village Dining Room, , 1100-1330. All companions are invited.
15 Pre-Thanksgiving Join-up (Intuition / Distillery)
TBD Salvation Army Bell Ringing - Continuing the tradition started by the late VADM Mike Kalares, the Commandery will Ring the Bell for the Salvation Army from 9AM-6 PM at the Publix at Hodges and Atlantic.
9 20th Pearl Harbor Remembrance Dinner Annual Formal Dinner to be held TBD. Attire is Formal (Uniform, Tux, or equivalent).
TBD Jacksonville Symphony and Chorus Holiday Pops at the Time Union Center
Annual concert with festive holiday music.
31 TBD Electric Boat Parade – Jacksonville Downtown
Jacksonville’s Annual Boat Parade on the Jacksonville waterfront followed by a Fireworks Show. Best viewing from the Landing, or Southbank Riverwalk.
For Info on any events call (904)672-8176 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on our Twitter Page @nousfc
All Companions are invited to attend any and all Commandery events. Any questions email Bob Whitkop or Frank Fenno at email@example.com
JAX Home - First Coast Commandery Calendar