To preserve, promote, celebrate and enjoy our Nation’s Sea Service history and heritage. To accomplish this we will:
- Commemorate American Sea Service Heroes and important historical events,
- Support the study of Naval History through writing, speaking and educational events,
- Preserve Sea Service historical artifacts, documents and monuments, and
- Promote Camaraderie among our Companions and members of similar organizations
First Coast contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org ; Like us on Twitter @nousfc
- Commander: CAPT Robert N. Whitkop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Programs: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Membership: CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret)
- Vice Commander - Enlisted Affairs: ETCM (SW) John R. Craft, USN (Ret)
- USS Stark Memorial: CAPT Pete Wynkoop, USN (Ret) / CDR J. Michael McGrath, USN (Ret)
- Treasurer: LCDR Frank Fenno, USN (Ret)
- Asst Treasurer: CAPT Bill Wirth, USN (Ret)
- Chaplain: CDR Steven Souder, CHC , USN
- Historian: Dr Alan Bliss, Prof of History (University of North Florida
- Charles F Adams Museum Liaison: CAPT John E. O’Neil, Jr. , USN (Ret) Past First Coast Commander
- Commandery Advisory Council: RADM George Huchting, USN (Ret); CAPT Gregory F. Streeter, USN (Ret) Past Commander General NOUS; CDR J. Michael McGrath, Immediate Past First Coast Commander; MGEN Gerry Maloney, USAF (Ret)
- Commandery Companions: CAPT Ed Frohlich, USN (Ret); LCDR Mike Manko, USN (Ret); BMC (DV) Bill McLoughlin, USN (Ret); CAPT Jim Morgan, USN (Ret); HMC Tony Ross, USN (Ret); CAPT Chuck Walker, USN (Ret), et al
10 19th Pearl Harbor Remembrance Dinner Annual Formal Dinner Cypress Village. Attire is Formal (Uniform, Tux, or equivalent).
The Pearl Harbor Remembrance Dinner and Annual Meeting will be held on 10 Dec 2017 at Cypress village in the Private Dining Room from 1800-2100. Our guest speaker is Councilman Aaron Bowman, Capt, USN (Ret), former Commanding Officer, Naval Station Mayport. He will talk about the evolution of NS Mayport which started 75 years ago; the year following the impetus created by the Pearl Harbor Attack.
Plan of the Day - 10 Dec 2017
Cocktails: 1800-1900 (Cash Bar)
Dinner: 1900-2000 (Includes POW-MIA Remembrance)
Fruit cup / Mandarin Orange salad
Entee’ Filet and grilled shrimp
Twice Baked Potato / Green Beans
Chocolate Cake / Vanilla Ice Cream
Dress: Formal…Uniform of the Day - Dinner Dress Blues, Tuxedo or equivalent
Cost: $35 / person
RSVP to email@example.com . You can pay by sending a check to Frank Fenno at 2159 Birch Bark Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32246 made payable to NOUS First Coast. As dues time is coming up you would be most gracious to add $25 for next year’s local dues.
For those desiring to pay by Credit Card, you can do so by going to the below site, which is our Commandery Store site. You can pay for your dinners and local dues there as well!! https://store11795249.ecwid.com/?sort=priceDesc
We will send you a receipt!
There will be NO Official Tailgate on 10 Dec....you may actually find members of the Pacific NW Commandery invading for the Seahawks Game!
16 Salvation Army Bell Ringing
Continuing the tradition started by the late VADM Mike Kalares, the Commandery will Ring the Bell for the Salvation Army from 10AM-8 PM at the Publix at Hodges and Atlantic.
TBD Jacksonville Symphony and Chorus Holiday Pops at the Time Union Center; Annual concert with festive holiday music.
17 Jaguars vs Houston (Final Homegame and NOUS 1st Coast Tailgate of the Regular Season at WJCT Lot - Spaces 62 & 63)
31 Electric Boat Parade – Jacksonville Downtown
Jacksonville’s Annual Boat Parade on the Jacksonville waterfront followed by a Fireworks Show. Best viewing from the Landing, or Southbank Riverwalk.
For Info on any events call (904)672-8176 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on our Twitter Page @nousfc
All Companions are invited to attend any and all Commandery events. Any questions email Bob Whitkop or Frank Fenno at email@example.com
JAX Home - First Coast Commandery Calendar