To preserve, promote, celebrate and enjoy our Nation's Sea Service history and heritage. To accomplish this we will:
- Commemorate American Sea Service Heroes and important historical events,
- Encourage the study of Naval History through writing, speaking and educational events,
- Preserve Sea Service historical artifacts, documents and monuments, and
- Promote Camaraderie among our Companions and members of similar organizations
ABOUT OUR COMMANDERY
- Commandery Commander is Captain Tom Snyder, Medical Corps, USN, Retired. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Luncheon Meetings: first Monday of every month (except holidays) at 11.30, at
San Francisco Italian Athletic Club, 1630 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA
- Two formal dinners each year
- Annual Midway Night Celebration - for 2016 on 4 June at the Marines' Memorial Club, 609 Sutter St, San Francisco. Keynote speaker is ADM Henry H Mauz, Jr, USN (Ret), former Commander in Chief, U.S. Atlantic Fleet. Dinner Dress White Jacket uniform or equivalent. Contact COL Allan Cruz at email@example.com
- Pearl Harbor Memorial Dinner - for 2016 on 4 December at the University Club, 800 Powell St, San Francisco. Our keynoter is ADM James O Ellis, Jr, USN (Ret), Annenberg Distinguished Visiting Scholar, The Hoover Institution. Dinner Dress Blue Jacket uniform or equivalent. Contact CAPT Snyder for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for more information.
UPCOMING LUNCHEON DATES AND SPEAKERS
Mondays, 11:30 at SF Italian Athletic Club, 1630 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA (unless otherwise noted)
9 January 2017 - Whitney Olson Topic: California History Day
6 February 2017 - CDR Amy Hunt Topic: Navy Operational Support Center, San Jose
6 March 2017 - Professor James Armstead, U.S. Naval War College (Ret)
3 April 2017 - Chuck Myers Topic: USS HORNET & the Doolittle Raid (75th Anniversary)
1 May 2017 - Author Jack Cheevers, former Los Angeles Times reporterTopic: USS Pueblo Story
5 June 2017 - SGM (CA) Dan Sebby, Curator, California State Military Museums Topic: Maritime Rgmt, Cal State Military Reserve
10 July 2017 - T.B.D.
7 August 2017 - Open Conversation
11 September 2017 - Dianne Levy Topic: The Maritime Heritage Project
2 or 9 October 2017 - Fleet Week Ship COs (to be invited)
6 November 2017 - T.B.D.
4 December 2017 - Open conversation
(Updated 1 February 2017 by TLS/slk)