To preserve, promote, celebrate and enjoy our Nation's Sea Service history and heritage. To accomplish this we will:
- Commemorate American Sea Service Heroes and important historical events,
- Encourage the study of Naval History through writing, speaking and educational events,
- Preserve Sea Service historical artifacts, documents and monuments, and
- Promote Camaraderie among our Companions and members of similar organizations
San Francisco contact email is email@example.com
ABOUT OUR COMMANDERY
- Commandery Commander is Mr. John McKnight, MM2N, USN, Veteran. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Luncheon Meetings: first Monday of every month (except holidays) at 11.30, at San Francisco Italian Athletic Club, 1630 Stockton St.
- A formal dinner each year
- Pearl Harbor Memorial Dinner - for 2018 on 9 December at the University Club, 800 Powell St, San Francisco. Contact Mr. McKnight for details at email@example.com
UPCOMING LUNCHEON DATES AND SPEAKERS
Normally the first Monday of the month, 11:30 a.m. at San Francisco Italian Athletic Club, 1630 Stockton Street, San Francisco, California (unless otherwise noted).
$40 per person
8 January 2018 RADM Bonnie Potter, Medical Corps, USN (Ret) Topic: Women in Navy Medicine
5 February 2018 - CAPT Tom Spink Topic: Moffett Air Museum
5 March 2018 - Consul-General Chris Oldfield Topic: 100 Years of Mateship. The US and Australia’s Shared Commitment in Combat
2 April 2018 - COL Larry Dietz, US Army (Ret) Topic: The Battle of Udrigovo
7 May 2018 - LtGen Jan Huly, USMC (Ret), President & CEO Marines Memorial Association and Foundation
4 June 2018 - CPT Matt Shilk, 95th Civil Support Team TOPIC: California National Guard Topic: 2017 Hurricane Response
2 July 2018 - Loree Draude, Author: "She's Just Another Navy Pilot: An Aviator's Sea Journal"
6 August 2018 - CAPT Michelle Lockwood, USN (Ret) TOPIC: The Unsinkable Chauvenet
10 September 10 - Ann Mahony Topic: A History of Handkerchiefs
8 October 2018 OFF-SITE VENUE: USS HORNET, Alameda Topic: Fleet Week
5 November 2018 - USMC Rep TBD
3 December 2018 - John J. Geoghegan Topic: Japanese Submarine Forces Off California Coast
(Updated 24 August 2018 by JAM/slk)